Saturday, June 21, 2003

AS I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP

As Joey was about to go to sleep...

MARICEL: I can lie down with you for a few minutes, Joey.

JOEY (pulling Maricel down) : You can lie down with me for the rest of your life, mama.



SOLIDER BOY

When Joey was four years old...

JOEY: Mama, when I grow up, I'm going to a soldier and fight in a war.

MARICEL: I don't want you to die early.

JOEY: Don't worry. I will see you in heaven... (two-second pause)... and don't forget to tell my cousins when I'm dead.



THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR

March 2002, Emily and Aleli ask Maricel join Harrison Communications and help out in the Globe Team. Maricel goes to Joey, six-years old at the time, for some advice.

MARICEL: Joey, Ninang Emily and Tita Aleli are asking if I can help them with their work cause they have too much to do. Do you think I should?

JOEY: They're your friends, right? You should help them.

1 comment: